The PQMRA race track at Alpenrose Dairy has been around for more than 50 years now. In that time, there have been many young drivers who have driven the Alpenrose track. Some of those drivers have moved on to become famous people. Here are a few of them. Please feel free to contact us with more famous people that you know who have raced our track!
- Mike Bliss – NASCAR Sprint Cup / Nationwide
- Pat Bliss – Washington Midget Association
- Jeff Gordon – NASCAR Sprint Cup – Raced at the Alpenrose Dairy track in the ’80s.
- William T. Lawrence – NHRA/IHRA
- U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley – U.S. Senator from Oregon
One fun comment about quarter midget racing comes from Senator Merkely from a news story in the Oregonian from Jan. 25, 2008, after he was involved in a car accident. The article states, “Merkley said he didn’t panic when the car went into a skid because he knew what to expect. In his youth, he said, he raced quarter-midget cars at the Alpenrose track, ‘and we were sliding around every corner.'”
Thank you sponsors!